Wednesday 13 February 2013

WeightWatchers Week 5

Week 5 - Weight Loss 0.5kg/1.1lbs

Having a good weight loss last week kept me motivated for week 5 - my goal was to lose at least 0.4kg to take me down to 68kg on the nose, of course anything more than this would be a bonus.

So I was very pleased to see I was down another 0.5kg/1.1lb loss when I got on the scales Sunday morning.

It's been a good week, I've been on the treadmill 5 times and I'm now at 3.6mph on the treadmill and I've just completed week 2 of the Couch to 5k plan - last weeks training was after a brisk walk warm up of 5 mins, is to jog for 90 secs (I up the treadmill to 4mph), walk for 2 mins, for a total of 20 mins, I do this then carry on with walking until I have done a total of 45 mins (just the length of an episode of Once Upon A Time - a series I am loving)

And apart from a gorgeous steak dinner with rocket (arugula) and balsamic mushrooms, cooked by Mr C, I have stuck to my daily points quite easily, even being able to enjoy a chocolate bar and a couple of glasses of wine.

So I can eat more, I choose my food wisely, snacking on fruit, most fruits are 0 points, I don't eat biscuits/cookies, cakes, muffins etc, I have filling breakfasts, usually porridge with fruit or eggs, lunch is usually soup and a sandwich, I have found these great flatbreads only 2 WW points as compared to most breads here that are 2 WW points per slice. The upside is I get to eat more and that's always a bonus when you are dieting.

My biggest tip to anyone losing weight is to menu plan, knowing what I am having every day and having the ingredients/foods in makes it easy for me to stick to WW, and less likely to make the wrong choices.

My weight loss motivation currently coincides with the new series of America's The Biggest Loser, which I am enjoying, what they go through through to lose the weight makes me shudder and glad I am not that overweight. I admire these people, what they go through and their sheer determination to lose the weight and their transformations are fantastic.

So I'm now starting week 6 and I expect to hit a plateau soon, but I hope not, this week sees me up the treadmill to 3.7 mph, and week 3 on the Couch to 5k - is a brisk 5 min walk warm up, then 2 repetitions of jog for 90 secs, walk for 90 secs, jog for 3 mins, walk for 3 mins

But also this week is Pancake Day on Tuesday and I love pancakes (the thin ones) with just lemon and sugar on them, and it's Valentines Day, for once I am hoping for no chocolates to keep me on track.

My favourite meal this week - homemade pea and ham soup - 9 WW points - quite high for a soup, but it is a good hearty meal, made with split peas.

Favourite Treat - I indulged in a Dark Chocolate Milky Way (which, here, are more like a Mars Bar, than what us UK/Aussies would call a Milky Way) - it was deliciously decadent and a real treat for me - bonus too was I didn't need to use up any extra points. Yay.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments