Friday 15 February 2013

Raspberry & White Chocolate Fudge Brownies

A couple of Sundays ago, I was in the mood for baking and looking in my fridge I had some raspberries and white chocolate, two foods I love and a combination together that I think is wonderful, so after a quick look on the internet I decided to make Raspberry and White Chocolate Fudge Brownies and they did not disappoint.

Raspberry & White Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Ingredients
6oz Good Quality White Chocolate
1 cup All Purpose Flour (plain flour)
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 Large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2/3 cup of white chocolate chips (or milk/dark if you prefer)
1 cup fresh/frozen raspberries (use frozen not defrosted)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Butter an 8 inch non stick square baking pan.
2. Stir the 6oz of white chocolate in a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt and set aside
4. Beat together the sugar and butter in an electric mixer, to blend, add eggs, vanilla & almond extracts.
5. Mix in melted white chocolate.
6. Stir in flour mixture just until blended - do not over mix.
7. Gently fold in white chocolate chips and gently fold in raspberries just until evenly distributed.
8. Transfer mixture to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
9. Bake until top is golden brown and cake tester inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs attached - about 40 mins if using fresh raspberries and 45 mins if using frozen raspberries.
10. Cool in pan, once cooled, cut into 16 squares and enjoy

Ruby weighing out the Chocolate Chips for me

Ruby weighed out the White Chocolate chips for me as at first I was going to use these to melt, but we didn't quite have enough white ones - I told her how much I needed and she correctly weighed them out - talk about getting a little bit of Math learning in whilst we are baking.

Melting the white chocolate over a pan of simmering water
Flour salt mixture

 The chocolate melts quite quickly, I usually use a glass bowl, but any bowl will do

Gently folding in the flour mixture
Adding the supposed to be White Chocolate Chips to the mixture

You'll notice that the recipe calls for white chocolate chips to be added, and you'll also notice, in the photo of Ruby weighing out the chocolate chips, I did have plenty of white chocolate chips, that was until I walked over to my Kitchen aid, tripped and the whole bowl of white chocolate chips went belly up, I was so disappointed and I had no more white chocolate chips left and had to use milk chocolate ones instead.

Adding the raspberries to be gently folded in
Mixture in pan ready to bake

Even though I did, honestly, very gently fold in my raspberries, I still had a few that broke up and made my mixture look like I had spread jam on the top of it, oh well better mixing next time.

And whilst the brownie mixture was baking, I treated the girls to a hot chocolate at Karen's Cafe - not quite Max Brenner or the Lindt Cafe but they did enjoy the extra portion of chocolate chips on the side.

Enjoying Hot Chocolates at "Karen's Cafe"

Finally the 40 mins were up, the cake had cooled down, although this seemed to take an eternity as we were all eager to take the taste test.

Yummy

Served with a nice cup of tea, these Raspberry and White Chocolate Fudge Brownies were deliciously delightful. A big big hit in our family.

And I can't wait to make this recipe again, but with white chocolate chips instead.


Recipe Source - Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments