Thursday 13 June 2013

Chocolate Chip Cheescake Cookies

Oh boy these are good so good, they are truly my favourite chocolate chip cookie at the moment.

I found this pin on pinterest, pinned it and finally this week I got around to making them, so when I clicked on the pin and it didn't work, I was so disappointed, as this cookie looks seriously good, but not to be deterred I did a quick google search and found this - you want cookies - hooray I had tracked down the recipe even if it had a slightly interesting history behind it - read the link.

So on that note here is the recipe - I have slightly adapted the recipe, as I find Americans do like their food very sweet so I cut back on the sugar and chocolate chips and it was still plenty sweet. I also used light cream cheese.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose(plain) flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda (bi-carb)
10 tablespoons of softened butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons or 142g)
3/4 cup sugar (recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar but I found 3/4 cup fine)
1 egg
4oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup or 7oz chocolate chips any kind we like the semi-sweet variety (recipe calls for 12oz)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375f
1. Combine the dry ingredients (flour through to soda/bi-carb) in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a mixer, blend butter, sugar, egg, cream cheese and vanilla.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing with each addition, until all are incorporated.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Grease a cookie sheet/baking tray. Drop dough by the spoonful onto the sheet, at least 1inch apart.
6. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
8. Make a cup of tea or coffee, sit down eat and enjoy.

My Little Helper - Baker Tilly
Tilly has the mixing jobs - all the dry ingredients in here
egg, sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla

I had my little helper on hand to make these cookies, and she always does a good job of mixing, weighing and making a mess, but we always have fun baking together and it's a great way to keep her entertained before pre-school. Here we had mixed all the dry ingredients together and got the other ingredients in the mixer ready to be combined.

Tilly adding the dry ingredients to the mixer
Tilly eyeing up the paddle for a bit of licking

Tilly adds the dry ingredients to the recently creamed ingredients, little by little, whilst I make sure each addition is fully incorporated before she adds the next one - it was great team work.

I did have to stop her from wanting to lick the paddle beater -with the promise she could have it once we where finished.

chocolate chips added
finally Tilly gets the beater to lick clean

Final step we added the chocolate chips in and gently folded them in, the recipe does call for 12oz of chocolate chips but I found this far too much, Americans do have a very sweet palate, but 12 oz is a lot of chocolate chips for this recipe, so I measured out 1 cup of chocolate chips (which equated to 6oz) and threw another oz in for good measure.

It didn't take long to dollop them onto the baking tray and cook in the oven - roughly 10 mins did ours just nicely.

look at all that yummyness
They really didn't last long even in the cake stand.

We couldn't wait for the cookies to cool down, so we enjoyed ours slightly warm, they were soft and delicious, oh so yummy.

They did not last long, between the girls, myself and Grannie and Grandad we polished off this batch in less than 3 days ooppps - we didn't even manage to save one for Mr C - who had been grounded in NYC.

I know for sure I'll be making these again very soon and this recipe will be my go to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments