Monday 25 August 2014

It's A Special Day - My Littlest Starts School

My little buddy Matilda, who has kept me company at home whilst her big sister has been off at school has finally, at last, started school today and it has seemed ages coming.

She's been excited all summer knowing she was starting Kindergarten and finally at "big" school with her sister, Matilda nearly 6, missed starting school last year by just 29 days, but I am glad of that as she is so ready this year to take it all in and learn.

So today was the big day, the reality finally came true and although very excited, she was also very apprehensive and shy, it's such a big day the first day of school, all grades went back today, lots of parents around bringing school supplies in and seeing their kids off for another exciting school year, had the new kindergartens a bit overwhelmed.

In the last 6 years my little girl has gone from this  


To this, in what seems like a blink of the eye


We had no tears - phew from either of us in the playground anyway, it was a happy moment, we got to school early (which is a miracle in itself) so we could soak up the rather crazy first day atmosphere.


And it didn't seem long before the school bell rang and the kids lined up ready to go - they really did look a little nervous. I could tell Tilly was putting on a brave face.


And off she went into school to start her first day in kindergarten, being the brave little girl I know so well.

I am so going to miss my little cheeky, spirited, funny, gorgeous buddy Tilly being around all day, but I know she is going to have so much fun at school. 

And today Ruby was back at school, entering 2nd grade, she was so excited about being back at school, she is a little social butterfly and couldn't wait to see and be with all of her friends.


And keeping to our first day of school tradition - we ask the girls what they would like to be when they grow up - Ruby choose working in a pet store and Tilly, well, only Tilly could pick being a rock star - world watch this space.

And what am I going to do with all this extra free time I have now woo hoo, dancing around the house woo hoo - we shall see, but first I was back at school as a lunch helper (it was also an excuse to see how my littlest was doing on her first day) today,  I am also on the schools Evening for the Arts committee, new families & social committee, school lunch helper and no doubt I will sign up for room parent too, this will keep me busy to some degree, but my goal would be to find work and maybe go back to school myself.

oh and of course I'll keep myself busy with my sewing and knitting too.





1 comment:

  1. I remember Tilly so clearly from Playgroup days! You're right about them growing up in the blink of an eye. I hope the girls are both enjoying school and you're enjoying some extra free time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments