Friday 5 July 2013

More Knitting & Sewing


I love the Saffron Craig Fabric

During the month of May, I had a busy month enjoying myself knitting and sewing, our little friend Elodie turned 3 and we had Teacher Appreciation week.

In advance, I had already decided to knit Elodie, a Kina Cardigan,  I saw the perfect colour for her in a yarn shop, it was a lovely blue (duck egg colour) and I knew it would look great on her. Along with the cardigan, which I finished and blocked just in time for her birthday, I also made her 2 simple elasticated skirts that would go with the cardigan, but would also be great for summer, I even made the button for the Kina from the fabric of the flowery skirt. A perfect present for a gorgeous little girl.

Perfect for all seasons
I love the Skirt and Cardigan go together
 
As it was also Teacher Appreciation Week in May - I decided to make Ruby's school teacher Ms Scott a lovely zippered pouch  - I had seen a tutorial ages ago by Make it Perfect and knew it was the one I wanted to do, it's called the Easy Peasy Zippered Pouch and it was so easy to make.

I got Ruby to write Ms Scott in her own handwriting and I embroidered over it - it won't be long though before Ruby will be embroidering herself as she is enjoying learning sewing crafts.

All the fabric used (except the pink gingham) is from my favorite Aussie fabric designers Prints Charming - I just love their collections 

All Ready To be Sewn Up - Personalized by Ruby

The zippered pouch tutorial was so easy to follow and it didn't take long to rustle up the pouch and I was so pleased with the result, I just know I'll be making some more.

One Finished Zipper Pouch

My own jumper project - The Boardwalk Jumper still on the go - I've decided this will be my jumper for Fall, I used the Rowan Felted Tweed as my choice of yarn, and decided on blue as that would look nice with Jeans, and on my needles at the moment is a lovely little vest called Blue Skies which I'm making 2 of for twins boys due very soon and soon after, I'll make a couple more up for another baby boy due in August.

My Boardwalk Jumper slowly being knitted
1 Down 1 to go for the twins

I've also discovered a little treasure, my local library, just last month I got 4 knitting books out and I'm enjoying trying to decide what my next project will be.....watch this space

I do love having little people to knit for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments