Sunday 13 April 2014

Pinterest Challenge Keeps Going



It's been a few weeks since I blogged about my Pinterest Challenge as we've been away for Spring Break to Walt Disney World in Florida so here's a little catch up.

Before we left for Florida and as it was Mothers Day in the UK, I decided to make my mum a long overdue cover for her Kenwood Mixer - I thought this would be the perfect present for her, especially as I have been promising to make her one for a long time. I followed this pin and used this gorgeous Cath Kidston laminated fabric for the outside and a soft blue felt for the lining, my mum loves blue.


Shame though I totally forgot to take any photos of the cover - luckily my mum took some for me - her Kenwood Mixer is underneath and she is really pleased with the cover.

And yesterday, since I have been craving Carrot Cake for a while too, I made this pin - a very easy and quick recipe to follow and make, it's from the famous Hummingbird Bakery. I divided the mixture between 2 cake tins rather than 3 as the recipe calls for and increased the cooking time to 35 mins. I also used the Hummingbird Bakery Cream Cheese Frosting recipe to complete the cake, I did only make one quantity of the cream cheese frosting (not 2 as the recipe requires) and I found it was just enough.


OK it doesn't look as pretty as the Hummingbird Bakery one (I have absolutely zero cake decorating skills) but it sure tastes delicious.

And on the agenda this week is Kids Clothes Week - Spring 2014  although officially KCW was last week but as we were away in Florida, my plan is to have my Kids Clothes Week this week and I'm making these - The Mini Shearwater Kaftan - I have this pattern myself and love it, so as soon as I saw Toni had come up with a kids version, I did not hesitate to buy the pattern - I absolutely adore the Make It Perfect Patterns and I love supporting a fellow Australian Designer.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments