Saturday 10 May 2014

Pinterest Challenge meets Teacher Appreciation Week

My Pinterest challenge is still going strong but it has been awhile since I actually picked something from one of my boards and set to make it, every week I tend to use my pinterest boards for meal inspirations and baking ideas.

A favorite dinner of ours is Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta and I make it regularly - the girls usually have it without the sausage and I don't complain about that, I am just so pleased they love the roasted red pepper sauce on their pasta.

And only on Saturday last week I baked these lovely Sour Cream Chocolate Chip muffins from my baking board. And on Wednesday this week I baked a batch of these absolutely scrummy yummy Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies


But onto what I made this week - as it is Teacher Appreciation Week here in the US, a week spent celebrating our wonderful teachers for the wonderful job they do teaching our kids.

Our school celebrates the teachers, by buying them lunches, gift cards, presents, door decorating etc etc, our class did a great job of celebrating Ruby's teacher.

So a quick look through my Pinterest boards and I found the perfect item to make Ms Waller - a personalized zippered pouch - tutorial by Make It Perfect.

Very easy to make and quick to sew up. I made one for Ruby's Teacher and one for Tilly's pre-school Teacher - both girls wrote their teachers name on a little piece of white fabric and both drew a little heart too. I just embroidered over their own handwriting - just to add the personal touch.

And here they are


Pouches are fully lined and the front panel is slightly quilted (to some degree). It was the perfect excuse to use up my scraps - most of this fabric is Bella by Lotta Jansdotter with a little bit of Prints Charming Starburst in there.

I love these pouches so much I'm going to make myself one - I'm hoping I can find enough of the Bella scraps left to do so.


1 comment:

I'd love to hear your comments